Trenchant Core® service concept culminated over a 20 year veteran educator/business woman’s experience. She noticed a gap between conventional education and work preparation. Career track or vocational student, entry-level employee, and entrepreneurs demand separate knowledge, skill sets, and traits.
Throughout her experiential journey she interviewed high school students through university level professors. She sought to understand why Professional Development is not a priority in education. Her two primary questions: “Why are today’s graduating students so ill prepared to compete in our workforce?” “Why do so many students require a gap year(s) to figure things out?” Their questions remaining unanswered.
Conventional learning institutions are NOT organized to prepare students for each track. They AREN’T equipped to empower self-education for individuals in pursuit of their own development goals, nor to strategically plan to stay current with trends or technology. Most gap year programs rely on students to fix their own problems without providing the right information, resources or the tools to do so.
As a result, the concept for Trenchant Core® and the unique educational, coaching and consulting niche was developed by Anna Rawson to address the voids she discovered.
We offer solutions for:
- Business owners or leaders working to solve productivity, performance or interpersonal relations issues with their employees
- Entrepreneurs or struggling Small Business Owners looking for a savvy sounding board, and accountability structure to maximize their performance.
- Educators or youth advocates working to give students practical knowledge, skills and tools to become successful in their career path
- Motivated students, eager to develop and polish their skills, traits and knowledge to feel confident and progress in career development
- Parents with a 14+ year, mature student, motivated to integrate professional knowledge, skill and trait development with their education
The Mission at Trenchant Core® is to bridge the gap between conventional education and practical understanding of a successful business, career and life. Through Professional Development GAP Training, we prepare strong, independent leaders to compete in today’s rapidly evolving business world.
Trenchant Core® is a combination education, enrichment and coaching service. We bridge the gap between education and career regarding general employer desired knowledge, skill and trait development in present and future staff. We help Small Business Owners (SBOs), Corporate Executives (CEs), employees, independent career professionals, and entrepreneurs solve their productivity, performance and interpersonal work relations issues.
Experienced coaches collaborate with and provide services to Professional Educators (see Collaborators). By evaluating curriculum and teaching methods we can assist educators in preparing more tangible connections and student guided career pathways. Trenchant Core® is the missing link to engage students and make traditional education relevant.
We teach, coach and advocate for mature minded students age 14+ in preparation for college education, entrepreneurial journey, or vocational track (see Students). We help them answer four questions. “How do I apply what I’ve learned in school?” “What am I missing?” “Am I expected to develop myself?” “How do I become successful?” Client’s approach the path(s) of their choosing with clarity and precision.
In-Person Service Areas
Portland Metro Area including Southwest Washington, Northern California’s San Francisco Bay Area, Central Coast, Central Valley
Virtually or By Phone
Nationally via Phone, Zoom or Google Classroom, and Internationally, by special arrangement.
Formal Professional Development and GAP Training
- Leadership and Team Conference Calls
- On-Site Business Evaluations and Prescribed Solutions
- Instructional – In-Person, Zoom, Google Classroom
- Speaker Events – In-Person, Zoom, Google Classroom
- Educational Evaluations and Integration Strategies
Informal, Focused Professional Development and GAP Training
- Phone Consultation
- Leadership Growth Planning
- Curriculum Customization
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Corporate and Small Business Leader(s) and Employee(s)
- Business Associations
- Novice, Prospective or Struggling Entrepreneurs
- Static Career Professionals
- Education Collaborators:
- University and Career Track Individual(s) and/or Professor(s)
- High School Student(s) and/or Teacher(s)
- Vocational Apprentice(s) and/or Instructor(s)
- At-Home and Distance Educators
- Mature, Success Driven Students age 14+ with an engaged parent
- Youth Leadership Organizations
- Youth Groups & Spiritual Leaders
- Engaged Student(s) and their Advocates
- Social Services
- Juvenile Justice Administrators
- One-on-one Instruction or Coaching and Guided Experiential Learning
- Small Group Instruction or Coaching (2-4 Participants)
- Small Group Instructional Workshops (5-50 Participants)
- Large Group Seminars (50+ Participants)
- Motivational Speaking Engagements
- Assessment and Analysis
- Education and/or Coaching Plan
- Custom Curriculum Design
- Instruction Services
- Evaluation and Reflection
- Review and Modification
- Periodic or On-Going Consultation
Click to learn more about the “Enrollment” process.
Click to learn more about the “Concept Origin” of Trenchant Core.